CCP, I want better graphics. At least give me 3D!

I went into town today to watch AVATAR in 3D. FUCK YEAH! it looks photo realistic 90% of the time, the remaining 10% is still the best I’ve ever seen! shame that only half the movie seems to have the characters in 3D. Most of the time they are just one image on screen not 2 (when i take the glasses off). Can someone plese tell me if the humans are actual actors or if the entire movie is computer generated.

Tomovoni

Advertisements

One Response

  1. Tomovoni,

    It is a combo of the two. Have you seen the Lord of the Rings footage of the CG work on Smigel? They had the actor in a blue suit with some additions. They filmed him, then superimposed a CG image over it, using the actor’s mannerisms and facial expressions as a model for the CG. Avatar does the same, but on a much larger scale.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: